6/07/2014

Keep Insects/Bugs/Pests Away Naturally with Homemade DIY Bug Repellent and Stop Itch recipe

back nfr6k


DIY Insect repellent - DIY Stop itch


repellent 2
We have literally tried like 30 different DIY bug spray, rubs, wipes etc that are supposed to repel insects & every one my 13-year-old daughter still got chewed up & not one stopped no see ums to. Yea most worked for myself & some of my kids but my daughter just kept getting welted up & we all ran for the house when no see ums came out. Finally after all that totally by accident I created the formula that works for keeping my daughter from getting bit up & works for no see ums too. It of course also repels mosquitoes & biting flies as well. I really hope it works for every one of you as well as it does for us & that you find out the bogs are leaving you alone. Oh & by the way we also discovered this same recipe stops itching from bug bites too.

Here it is the great insect repellent & stop itch all in one
Buy 1 bottle of Witch Hazel (16 ounces), if it is to full you may need to use a bit on your face or something, add these essential oils: 30 drops Lavender, 30 drops Peppermint, 30 drops Tea tree & 15 to 20 drops Eucalyptus, add them right into the bottle of Witch Hazel, shake & that is it.
repellent 1You can either add some to a small spray bottle & spray it on, rub it on by pouring into your hand right out of the bottle or add some to a cotton ball or paper towel & rub on. So simple to make & works so great & as an added bonus great for skin & health to. Let the kids help you mix it up, mine love helping with DIY recipes.

Also makes a great hair product for no poo & a great skin cleaner when mixed with baking soda or straight. If you get exposed to poison ivy or oak you can use this mixture to was area before you have a reaction if no soap & water, or vinegar is available.

Witch Hazel is considered safe & gentile for newborns,  babies, Toddlers & children & is even used in DIY baby wipe formulas. I do recommend that you get pure Witch Hazel for Newborns or those with sensitive skin issues because most Witch hazel has Alcohol in it. As a great plus all 4 of the essential oils used are also considered safe for  newborns,  babies, Toddlers & children (go here for more info). As always I do recommend doing research & discontinuing if you have issues.

_______________________________________________________
Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here
_______________________________________________________
The information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only, & is NOT intended to be medical advice. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments. In many cases these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
If you think you, or anyone in your home or who are under your care, are ill or in need medical treatment, please seek the needed medical treatment Any of the information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
What Brands of coconut oil do I trust for taking & oil pulling?

That is simple I use & recommend these 2 great brands:
  1. Skinny & Co. Coconut oil: Medicinal grade Extra Virgin coconut oil 100% pure. (click link for ordering info)
  2. Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut oil(click link for ordering info)
Facebook Pages:
You can also follow me on: Pinterest, Google+ & Twitter

- And my daughters blog - Naturally Teen Approved -

Virgin Coconut Oil, Gold Label how to Use Coconut Oil: There are hundreds of uses!
I do accept products to review on my blog
  • My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own. (to contact me to review your product go here)
SmartKlean Laundry ball / Stain remover - Safe - Effective - Saves Money, Water & the Environment. To order a SmartKlean Laundry Ball go here & use my affiliate page.
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
_______________________________________________________
By Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids

No comments:

Post a Comment