12/26/2013

Lets use some Tropical Traditions Whole Golden Flax Seeds

Organic100% Organic, rich in ALA omega-3, a good source of fiber, clean quality whole flax seeds.



No trans fats, non-GMO, non-allergenic. Flax seed is gluten-free, low carb food. Flax (Linum usitatissimum) is a beautiful blue flowered plant grown on the plains of Central Canada and the North Central United States. Modern research has taken great interest in flaxseed. Study after study confirms that the oil and fiber components of flaxseed have wonderful health benefits.

Because I already use Flax seeds in varying ways it only seemed right to do the Tropical Traditions Flax seeds as my next Tropical Traditions review (& Giveaway, ends tonight) As all my fans know we love Tropical Traditions products, & we have not found a Tropical Traditions product that we do not like. So I find it very odd I had not already tried their brand of Flax seeds, I must have just not thought about them having flax seeds every time I needed to order flax, but trust me I wont forget again.

How do I use flax seeds?

I have a coffee & spice grinder so I can easy grind of flax seeds to add to my smoothies, protein shakes, oatmeal, salads, salad dressings, on sandwiches, in baking, gravies on & on. Using flax seeds ground or the slime is the best way to get the health benefits from them. I also use the ground up flax seeds in a poultice that works great for wounds, cuts, scratches, burns, boils, bites & stings.

Poultice recipe:
  • 4 tbsp of ground golden flax seeds.
  • 3 tbsp of Activated charcoal.
  • 5 drops of essential oil (Lavender, tea tree oil, oregano, or another that works for your need)
  • 1 cup of warm distilled (or filtered) water
  • Mix well & let sit up about 5 to 10 minutes & stir again, apply to area & cover with a wet cloth & cover with gauze & or plastic wrap to keep secure, leave poultice on an hour or 2 or until poultice dries, repeat if needed, store any extra of the mixture in the fridge.
You can also sprout Flax seeds & soak them to use the Flax slime or Flax oil as many call it on burns & cuts or even to drink.

Flax Slime/Flax oil:
  • 2 cups of boiling water
  • 2 tbsp of whole golden flax seeds
  • add flax seeds to boiling water & lower heat to just simmer stirring occasionally for 7 to 10 minutes. The mixture is done when you see the glossy slime with whitish streaks. let cool, You can store in the fridge for up to 10 days, you can leave the seeds in or separate them out & just use the slime. You can also use the slime in the same foods listed above & in a poultice as well.
I used the Tropical Traditions Whole Golden Flax seeds for my normal uses & they were very fresh & worked great.

Info from Tropical Traditions:

FACTS ABOUT FLAXSEED

  • Flaxseed has a high ratio of Linolenic (Omega-3) to Linoleic (omega-6) fatty acids. While many other plant seeds contain a higher ratio of omega-6 fats, flaxseed is the one of the few seeds that contains a much higher ratio of the essential omega-3 fats.
  • Flaxseed oil is one of the richest sources of OMEGA-3 fatty acid, Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) an ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID (EFA). This fatty acid is considered essential, meaning that your body cannot make it but requires it and so must derive all of it from the diet. The average American diet is lacking in this fat. Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One serving of Organic Whole Flaxseed provides 9 grms of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
  • Golden Flaxseed is unique in that 48% of its total fat content is omega-3 fatty acids.
  • Flaxseed contains very high amounts of DIETARY FIBER, both SOLUBLE and INSOLUBLE. Golden Flaxseed is 28%-35% fiber, 1/3 of which is soluble, and the other 2/3 insoluble. Soluble fiber also plays an important role in maintaining the “good bacteria” in our bowel, like Lactobacillus Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria. Insoluble fiber increases the bulk of stools.
  • Flaxseed is an outstanding source of many essential nutrients, including: proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, folate, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, magnesium, potassium, iron, thiamine, copper, zinc, calcium and phosphorus.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

Tropical Traditions Home Page: Here Buy Virgin Coconut Oil: Here
_______________________________________________________

Do you have a question? Do you want to contact me? It is easy to contact me with your questions. Go here

_______________________________________________________
Natural & Frugal: raising 6 kids Facebook pageThe information on this site it intended for general inquiry, research & informational purposes only & should not be considered a substitute or replacement for trained medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
I am NOT a doctor, this page is for education & research only, & is NOT intended to be medical advice. Always consult a doctor, your health practitioner or other competent licensed health professional before taking any herbs or supplements, using alternative ideas & for any specific advice about medical treatments.
If you think you, or anyone in your home or who are under your care, are ill or in need medical treatment, please seek the needed medical treatment Any of the information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.


Facebook Pages:
You can also follow me on: Pinterest, Google+ & Twitter

- And my daughters blog - Naturally Teen Approved -

Virgin Coconut Oil, Gold Label how to Use Coconut Oil: There are hundreds of uses!
I do accept products to review on my blog
  • My reviews policy: I am sent products to review on my blog and that all opinions are my own.
  • To contact me: Go here
SmartKlean Laundry ball / Stain remover - Safe - Effective - Saves Money, Water & the Environment. To order a SmartKlean Laundry Ball go here & use my affiliate page.
Thank you for supporting my Facebook pages, Blog & sharing with your friends, Cheree of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids
_______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment